Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Winner is and Teatro ZinZanni



 The winner of my 2 pages of doodles is Abi!!!!!!  http://abimonroe.blogspot.com

I want to thank all of you that commented on this and all the other wonderful Birthday wishes!
It means a great deal to me to have you as my friends in this blogging world.

Teatro ZinZanni ~ well I can't even half way describe the magic, creative, interactive, joyous show this was! We weren't able to take photo's which bummed me but also I could understand...
SO.. I'll use photo's from their site. http://www.dreams.zinzanni.org I hope this link takes you there I've had trouble with it... you can also google Teatro ZinZanni...

The Show: Maestro's Menagerie

Step right up and step back in time as an 18th century circus troupe takes over Teatro ZinZanni's spiegeltent. The Maestro and his menagerie of strong men, equilibrists, and trapeze artists have come to collect an unusual puppet and end up staying awhile. Magic, merriment and mayhem abound as Teatro ZinZanni presents Maestro's Menagerie, a mesmerizing mélange of trickery and illusion guaranteed to beguile the beholder. With French Canadian static trapeze artists Ssens Duo in their Seattle debut, Maestro's Menagerie features the return of Ukrainian illusionist Voronin as the Maestro and blues songbird Francine Reed. Also featuring the sensuous Russian contortionist Svetlana, the Human Cartoon American clown Peter Pitofsky, Russian gentleman juggler Sergiy Krutikov, the acrobatic comic duo the Collins Brothers, opera diva Juliana Rambaldi, and the luminous equilibrist Elena Boradina.

We were seated by a young man dressed right out of a Dickens novel...
Our waitress looked like she belonged in a Burlesque show... boa's, feathered hat, glitter, lace dress and gloves.

I can't really even begin to tell the story it went so quickly. It's about Maestro asking a Romanian puppet maker to make him a life size puppet. The comedy of errors, around her and him were priceless!

One of my favorite singers was a big part of the show. Francine Reed. She has a beautiful smokey, bluesy voice. I know her from Lyle Lovett and His Large Band, which she travels with.

The costumes were over the top!
Here are a few pictures of some of the performers.
We had five courses...
Pork Pate, bread and hot mustard, pickles and olives to start.
Asparagus pureed soup.
Salad with goat cheese.
My son and I had prime rib with vegetables, and mashed potatoes. My husband had the halibut. All was delicious!
Last but not least was a torte with all fresh fruits... Of course we had wine..

When it ended I was sure I was transported for 3 hours to another world... We all need that don't we!

This was the best Birthday I have ever had! Ever! Including childhood!


Again thank you all for being here...

12 comments:

Sonia ;) said...

Sounds magical Pattee...wow you lucky ducky..Hey gf what was renee's fav flower? I cant remember..

xxooxxo

Janine said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing Pattee!

Kaerie Faerie said...

Happy Birthday Pattee, looks like you had a fab time YAY
Karey

oldblackcatboo said...

Oh Pattee! I'm so happy that you had such a Great Birthday! Everything sounds so fun and magical! You deserve to have such a fabulous time and it's so great to hear you so HAPPY!
XOXO - Cindi

Abi said...

Oh my god, looks like you had a blast. would love to go, although I'm not sure I could eat 5courses!!!
Thanks again for ma doodles :O)

D.Suplicki said...

I don't know how I missed that it was your birthday, but happy happy belated birthday dear!

It sounds like you had an amazing time, the sort of time all birthdays should be like. :)

tinypearl5758 said...

Hi Pattee, glad you had a magic birthday. The evening sounds like it was a blast. xxx

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Woohoo! That sounds amazing! I'm so glad you had such a good birthday! ^-^

Sharon-NZ said...

Happy belated birthday, wow that looks like so much fun, thanks for sharing the pictures - hugs

Lucys Baby said...

How Cool was THAT!

Happy Birthday,
a celebration of YOU!
The one and only creative, talented, fun - YOU.
Sounds and looks like a great time!

Emce said...

So good, you had a nice birthday!
Mariet

Marie S said...

Congratulations Abi!!
I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday Pattee How fun!!