Saturday, October 24, 2009

My New Chicken



I guess sometimes you lose something and you gain something. I had to let go of my favorite chicken about a week ago (my hermaphrodite hen). And 2 days later I find a Aracona hen in my alley... very tame and I picked her up worrying about her safety and took her to my penned in outside coop.... So she's been with me and the flock for 4 days now... no ones claimed her. Chicken pecking order is not fun to see... but things are settling down...

Making the video's for my ning class... only to find they have disappeared!!! Oh the work involved!

It's all in a life ~ right?

10 comments:

Debie Lyons said...

What lovely little chicken. I am hope you will be able to find all that work you have done. I am getting ready for a doll show as soon as the show is over I will have the time to put some pics on your ning.
Debie xxx

Renee said...

All that work Pattee, I hope you find the videos soon.

I am laughing out loud because how does someone find a hen in their alley?

Love Renee xoxo

Kaerie Faerie said...

bummer, hope you find it, I put things away, I'm so organized I can't find stuff, now that is a great chicken, maybe the chicken knows?
Karey

Georgina said...

I hope your little chickie works out for you and the flock...she's beautiful...maybe finding her wasn't such a coincidence...ya think???

Sandra Evertson said...

She is adorable!
Love your artwork!
Sandra Evertson

Sue said...

Pretty little hen! She's lucky you rescued her.

Hope you find your videos Pattee!

Hugs!

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

It sounds like she found YOU. Hang in there and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Everything always works out in the end!

Brenda LaBell said...

Pattee, what a pretty little chicken. But I have to lol with Renee, I haven't ever heard of a kid coming home with a chicken saying MOM can I keep him, pleassssse, lol.

Brenda

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

Okay, now how did that beautiful Chicken end up in an alley way? LOL I guess she was meant to be with you! LOL Have a great week creating!
Cheers

Caroline said...

She has beautiful colors! If you have not seen this, watch The Natural History of the Chicken. It was on PBS some time ago and is a great and fun documentary, thought of you when I saw it.
Don't worry about Ning and the videos, it will work out eventually besides what you've done so far has been wonderful :)