Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I have many had many wonderful people...

... give me the Kreativ Blogger award.... just getting home last night I'll wait on the awards till tomorrow or Friday. Thank you!


My VW and I on the road...where I stayed (my view)
sunrise
a sweet lizard friend


deer outside my bedroom
... give me the Kreativ Blogger award.... just getting home last night I'll wait on the awards till tomorrow or Friday. Thank you!

Of the 11 days I was gone 8 of them I was driving from town to town and I LOVED IT! I am such a nomad at heart. Living out of my suitcase and my VW bug suited me. I drove down to Ukiah Ca. where it was between 104 and 109 in the day and in the mid 80's at night. HOT! I spent 3 days there with a friend. Then down to Novato for my husbands life celebration of his Aunt. Another wonderful celebration. My husband and I then headed back North, home. We stopped at the beaches in Oregon~ long stretches of beach with not a sole on them but us and the seagulls. I didn't get a picture of that.
Portland Oregon was the last stop before home. I think if I were to live in a city this would be the one! Progressive, a river, a LOT of public art, and an hour from the beaches!

I'm glad to be back ~

10 comments:

Joanna Thomas said...

Beautiful journey! Thank you for your sharing your trip with us. I have been to Astoria, Oregan when I was maybe 12. Beautiful! And the ocean there is so different from the ocean here... quite and dark. I will never forget it.
I hope you're have a good time!
Be safe~

LoopyBoopy said...

How beautiful Pattee! I so want to take my daughter to the Northwest, it such a magnificent place. One day. I used to be a nomad and understand the glory of being on the open road. So glad you and your husband got this time together. If you don't mind my asking what is a life ceremony?

julie campbell said...

amazing photos. Living in the UK it always seems wildly romantic to me that in the US you can take off and drive for days passing through beautiful places like this !
Thanks for sharing it was a treat to look at the photos :0)
julie xxx

Janine said...

Welcome back Pattee!

Renee said...

Pattee I love that you sound like you had the best time ever.

I love you.

Renee xoxo

Renee said...

Hey sweet nomad, glad you are back. Did you park the gypsy wagon in the front or the back.

Love Renee xoxo

LoopyBoopy said...

Pattee that is absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. I want a life celebration with plenty of booze and dance when I pass too!

Sue said...

Pattee, thanks for sharing with us, the pics are wonderful. Road trips are the BEST!!!

Congrats on your awards, you so deserve them!

Janell Berryman artist-owner said...

Loved reading your journey :) I live here as well and cant seem to get enough of the beautiful scenery and places to go. This is a magical place. Thanks again for sharing!

ODD imagination said...

Dang it - now I want to move! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous photos and wonderful journey Pattee!