Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Musings


Today was a beautiful day here in Washington.
Blue skies and not a cloud.

Unusual for here... fear of Global Warming...
Happiness for sunshine... Relief for sunshine.

I've been trying my hand at making some Day of the Dead Art to be displayed in a window of a local shop. I'm not doing so well... I LOVE Day of Dead celebrations, I'm just not so good at the art... at least in this short amount of time.

But I try... so maybe WIPS to come~

Sundays are always sad days for me... maybe the lack of family close by. Or emptiness of the streets. The strangeness of a day with no activity.... Or maybe the conjoined Sister still haunt me. I don't know...

But I do know that Monday is around the corner and all the possibilities that Mondays hold....

8 comments:

Georgina said...

Day of the Dead is one of my specialties. I've been making D of the D art about 28 years. Around this part of TX, with Mexico just a stones throw away, it's been around as long as I can remember...but then it's ancient. If you need some help, just drop me a line.

Renee said...

Monday is here sweet Pattee and we are here.

I love the picture, did you do that. Amazing.

By the way Marie wrote about you and I had to comment on the post below as her comment thing wasn't on. I have to admit I concur with her.

Love Renee xoxo

Marie S said...

It is on now! I did write about you, I love my post card.
I worked on the post late last night and I hit the wrong button. The power went off twice while I was trying to write the post! LOL! I am persistant though.

I love DOD and I know you can do this, deadlines sometimes make me fight it, breathe and flow, it is in you.
Think odd dolls with white skin and lots of teeth.

kj said...

funny, i feel the most alone on sundays also, pattee. sometimes i don't mind...

i want a postcard too. i want to see your handwriting. afterall, we are neighbors and not just neighbors, we are two imps (along with sonia) likely to get in trouble before we know it!

xo

Sonia ;) said...

You know Sundays are sad to me too. MY days off end, kids not around...

Hugging you xoxox

Yve said...

I've always disliked Sundays too. I used to think it was that "back to School" feeling of dread (I was the architypal High School Misfit) but I've never shaken it off.

The skull with butterflies is beautiful, is that your work? very cool :o)

Caroline said...

Is that Chloe on your banner--I love her face and hair!
I bet your art will be great and wishing happier Sundays to you.

Leigh Russell said...

You're a poet, Odd-Dolls. I just came by to say hello as we're neighbours on Blogland Lane. I've just moved in to number 101. I see from your profile we have a lot in common. Olives not cake every time for me, coffee not tea, beach not mall, cats not dogs - but I'm not a nomad, despite all my travels around the country this summer promoting my new book. I've never heard of Day of the Dead . . . odd as I write murder mysteries! See you soon on Blogland Lane, neighbour.