Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Week-End.....


Saturday morning we (my husband and I) were all set to work in the yard get caught up on paper work... etc... around 9 a.m. our son calls and says "Hey, you want to meet in Mount Vernon and go for a hike?" (I can't hike with my hips just having cortisone shots) But lets meet we'll have lunch and my husband and son can go hiking... and I will have a relaxing day in town... They called a few hours later and my son has decided to stay the night with us... what 2 week-ends in a row? I'm about to faint... 



Let's go to VanCouver B.C for dinner... another spontaneous decision! It's only about an hour to Vancouver from where we live... we got up there and walked around the shops, the beach, places. Then we went to my favorite Japanese restaurant, which is always high energy and good food.

Today, Sunday... my son washes and vacuums my car, makes us sandwiches to eat at a park.... and then takes off back to Seattle. He's such a great kid~

Wow... a week-end I never expected and needed more than I knew...

I still got some of my garden planted!





8 comments:

Renee said...

When a son and Vancouver are in the wings, who needs chores.

Super fun Pattee....

I didn't realize you were that close to Vancouver. Beautiful isn't it.

How are your hips feeling. Is it arthritis.

Love Renee xoxo

Joanna Thomas said...

Thanks for sharing you weekend Pattee... What a lovely time you had! And we all needs those kind of weekends...
You should see my herb garden! The thyme is outa control!
xoxo

Sonia ;) said...

Pattee,
I am so glad you got a wonderful relaxing weekend...I printed Flo out and she is in my artroom...I laugh everytime I look at it...

You had a busy weekend.

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Sue said...

Your surprise weekend sounds wonderful Pattee! As Joanna said, we all need those weekends! I love Vancouver - my sis and my Dad live there and I wish I was as close as you. (5 hour plane ride from here).

3rdEyeMuse said...

he does sound like a really great son. :)

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Don't you love those spontaneous moments that turn in to wonderful adventures-what a fun weekend!

Janine said...

What a fun weekend!

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

Boy, I'm glad you got a relaxing weekend and got outside...Vancouver looks beautiful..I hope you are feeling better. Relax and have a great week girl!
Cheers