Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday






Well here it is another end of the week..
On to the next week. What will that bring?

I'm almost finished with the doll that I am doing here in town. We are trading dolls just like in ADO traveling dolls.

This doll came to me plain, blank. It's a vinyl doll that the woman got at Good Will. She then gessoed her... so she was just white with a huge mass of yellow hair.

I added eyes to her and she became a grump. So as I was taking the paper clay off I accidently wiped off her gessoed face. To find a sweet little face. I think it shocked me as I thought there was nothing under that gesso! Now what???
I've been thinking a lot about myself getting older. And how when I was young I had no idea what would change on/in my body, or what kind of person I would be at my age... not that I feel as old as I made this doll... But I thought it appropriate since I've been thinking about this. I'll make half the doll. I left the cute face, and I put half her hair in a braid. Then on the other half I got really into making this doll old and also living OUT LOUD! She doesn't care, she's going for the "purple" look. Watch out Dancing With the Stars!

8 comments:

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Yes, for living out loud and purple! Not to mention skidding in sideways with chocolate in one hand and a glass of wine in the other :]

Sonia ;) said...

Awesome....thats thinking outside the box..Very original thought ...I like the comment by Once Upon A Blue Crow skidding in sideways Ha Ha...

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Tess said...

Oh my gost, what a brilliant idea!! Do show us the finished project. I'm all for living out loud in purple.

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

This is just fantastic Pattee...I so love how you added the clay and put your spin on this doll. Cheers to you my friend...Yes, skidding in sideways as Kimmie said with a BIG GLASS OF WINE!! LOL That totally cracked me up!
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Cheers!

Pattee said...

I'll only skid with Red Wine~LOL!

Janine said...

OMG, Pattee do I hear you??? LOUD AND CLEAR!! It is like you are echoing my thoughts! Is that what a long Winter makes us do? Today was such a beautiful day, I wanted to get out and see things but my knees and feet and energy level would not let me! I have been doing a lot of the tearing out of the shell and trying to see inside. (What happened? When did it happen? etc, etc!)

Oops! About that doll, amazing as always! You are such a talent!

Joanna Thomas said...

Your so creative and so original! What a unique piece!

Wonderful!!

xoxox
Joanna

3rdEyeMuse said...

check you and your creative interpretation out!