Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hips and joint and things....

I've just found out from my Dr. that it's almost a done deal that I'll need both hips replaced.
My son says "I think that's something"old" people do" Well I hope I'm not that old, Lol!

I'm seeing her again tomorrow,  thinking we will proceed to the next thing. I've been gathering my questions and names of Dr.'s recommended to me..... I'm feeling a bit in denial about the whole thing and also resolved. I think if my pain when I sleep of walk up or down stairs is relived then that's a good thing. My husband says' we'll go for a month to Montreal Canada for a month when it's all done. Montreal being one of my most favorite cities in the world. These pictures are of my son and husband...in Montreal Ontario ~

6 comments:

The Whimsical Goblin said...

You have to keep us posted :)

Sarah said...

Please keep us posted!!! I know how you feel - the feeling old part - as I don't, but my body seems to be screaming the wonderful news!! Hugs, Sarah

Sue said...

oh dear, Pattee yes, keep us posted. It is just the past year that my knees have been bothering me and I keep telling myself, NO, I'm too young for this!

Keep thinking of that trip to Montreal. Hubby and I spent our honeymoon there and it is one of my fave places to visit.

Kaerie Faerie said...

Hang in there, you will be dancin the jig with new bionic parts before you know it, I just helped my Mom through the same thing, and it will probably happen to me some day too! You will be up and around, feeling better in a couple weeks, and the pain will go away.
Take care chin up!
Kaerie Faerie

Mealy Monster Land said...

ugh, :(

Prpldy said...

Hi Pat,

I had my left hip replaced a year ago on St. Pat's Day.... and I can not believe the wonderful difference it has made. I'm only 48. But prior I could not walk without firearm crutches as my hip was so bad and wished now I had, had it replaced so much sooner. You'll feel like a new person!