Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mrs. Humpty Dumpty



This is Mrs. Humpty Dumpty the "real" victim of Humpty Dumpty's fall...

Here's the story.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
We've all heard that Nursery Rhyme. Yes, Humpty couldn't be put back together again.
But lets stop and think, who is the REAL victim of Humpty Dumpty's fall?

Why it's Mrs. Dumpty and all the little dumpty's (eggs if you will).
Did anyone ever stop and think about Humpty's better half? No, I didn't think so.

Poor Mrs. Humpty sat on that fateful wall looking down at the mess that used to be her husband.
Tsk tsk, she thought.

All the Kings horses and all the Kings men noticed a small smile creeping on Mr. Dumpty's lips.
Is that a smirk or a smile? Is there a possibility of foul play? Could he maybe have been pushed or nudged just a little?

Well that would be quite a different Nursery Rhyme...

Mr. Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall all day long on his tush.
You can't blame Mrs. Dumpty for giving him a tiny push.
When all the Kings horses and all the Kings men came to put Humpty Dumpty together again.

She said "Oh please, don't bother. He was not a great father.
All he did was sit on his wall, I knew he would fall." She said with a smile.

"We're better off without him."
She said with a grin. "You see he left me a huge insurance policy.
My babies and I won't suffer any strife. I'll just go find another egg and become his wife.

20 comments:

Christine said...

Hello Pat ! I like your blog! I should blog too... :)
Big hug!
See you !

GraceBeading said...

Great story... I'd love to meet Mrs. Dumpty's insurance salesman. I have a couple of friends that need some good insurance :-)

Brook said...

Love this!

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

Great Story and love the Humpty Dumpty!!
Cheers!

Lady Artisan said...

Oh, Pat! You're right--this story is perfect! Didn't even realize you had it on your blog but I'm glad I found in the midst of my OWOH wanderings. Off to comment on the other post so I can win that awesome giveaway you're offering!

Eva

SpiritMama said...

What a naughty humpty mama!

Ronalyn said...

I love this story...too cute. Your dolls are fantastic!

Zoya said...

I just signed up to follow your blog, I love your odd little guys ( and gals)!

Zoya

Gail Lackey said...

Ohh this is too funny!! great poem!! Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes..its greatly apprieciated!!
I LOVE your two lucy's they are so adorable!! LOl! And, Oh.. I guess I need to go and add my name for your givaway!
Many haunted huggs, gail

Vincent said...

that is quite an interesting take on the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme, indeed. :)

CAT said...

Hi Pat, I have always loved your work. Your Creativity amazes me. Mrs. Humpty is a wonderful piece and the poem adds to it's charm. Could you please add me to the drawing. You can contact me at crystalwolfsings@yahoo.com

CAT

The Whimsical Goblin said...

LOL, thats a great story :)

alimaky_woodedwoods said...

I Pat! I love Humpty... esp his screaming sidekicks lol
-Kamila

Melanie said...

awwwwwww this is adorable
xx

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

Me thinks somethin stinks! A rotten egg perhaps?

Jennifer said...

This is strange and dark... and hilarious!

Judy said...

Patteee! How wonderfully creative! It gives me goose bumps this little known tale of the Dumpty's! I keep bumping in to you :) So glad to see your work! I as always admire your creativity.

martha brown said...

i love this story! (and the doll too :)

The Whimsical Goblin said...

Youve been tagged by the goblin, dont worry its not hard :)

Prpldy said...

Love the sculpture, but I really like the story! Such a good laugh! Thanks! We all need to laugh from time to time!

BrendaLea